Why should you attend?
The 2017 Special Education Legislative Summit is not just for insiders and VIPs — anyone interested in special and gifted education and early intervention policy and advocacy is encouraged to attend, including: teachers, administrators, teacher educators, early interventionists, researchers, and teacher candidates.
- Become an advocate for children and youth with exceptionalities and the professionals who serve them.
- Contribute to increased congressional support for special & gifted education and early intervention.
- Help bring new awareness about the vital role of special & gifted educators and early interventionists to policymakers.
- Build new relationships with lawmakers whose decisions affect outcomes for the children and youth you serve and the field.
- Learn about national advocacy principles and strategies and apply them at the federal, state, and local level.
- Enhance your networking opportunities and involved with CEC’s Children and Youth Action Network (CAN).
- Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA)
- Budget and Appropriations for Special and Gifted Education, Early Intervention and Research
- Medicaid for Schools and Early Intervention Programs
- Support Public Education
- And more!