The 2020 Special Education Legislative Summit (SELS) is co-sponsored by the Council of Administrators of Special Education (CASE) and the Council for Exceptional Children (CEC). It is a great opportunity for vendors and sponsors to interact with special education professionals as they work together to bring the key issues from our classrooms to Capitol Hill. From July 12-15, 300 professionals are expected in Alexandria, VA, for our sixth joint summit and 18th summit overall. Our voices are unified and our words are strong, but we need assistance from our partners in the educational services community to make this event happen. Specifically, the following sponsorships are available:
Lunch / Meal Sponsor
If you are interested in supporting us, please complete this sponsorship form. If you have something else in mind, please feel free to contact one of our executive directors:
We appreciate all the effort, time, and money you invest in supporting our professional organizations, and it is our hope to always make it as profitable as possible for you and your company! We are committed to success for everyone.
Facts about last year’s Legislative Summit:
- We had 46 states represented at the summit with close to 300 attendees.
- People who attend the summit are classroom teachers, from the field of higher education, and graduate students.
- Over half of the participants were CASE members—the signers of purchase orders! This year, we know there will be even more!
- Close to 50% of attendees reported that their top issue in Hill meetings was related to appropriations of educational funds or shortages of educators in classrooms.
- 86% of people who attended last year said that the primary reason they attended was to advocate on Capitol Hill on behalf of children and youth with exceptionalities.
- 92% of past SELS participants would recommend the experience to others.