What better way is there to stand up for the children and youth you serve than to be a part of the biggest special education and early intervention advocacy event on Capitol Hill?
On Tuesday, July 10, we’ll show decision makers in Washington how investing in special education and early intervention pays off in successful students who are college- and career-ready and who can make important contributions to their communities.
The resources described below will give you everything you need to get ready to go to Capitol Hill–from scheduling meetings, getting around the Hill, making the most of your time, and following up with your legislators.
2018 Special Educations Legislative Summit Information
- 2018 Summit Speakers Bios
- Special Education Legislative Summit State Team Leader List
- 2018 Tweeting Congress – U.S. House of Representatives
- 2018 Tweeting Congress – U.S. Senate
- Sample Tweets to Use During the Special Education Legislative Summit—COMING SOON
Setting Up Congressional Meetings
- IDEA Informational Brief—COMING SOON
- Education Appropriations Issue Brief
- FY 2019 Appropriations Chart—COMING SOON
- Special Education Research Grant Map—COMING SOON
- Keep Public Funds in Public Education—COMING SOON
- Special Education and Early Intervention Teacher Shortages—COMING SOON
- Social and Emotional Learning and School Climate—COMING SOON
- 2018 Legislative Recommendations—COMING SOON
Power Point Presentations—COMING SOON
Tips for Successful Congressional Meetings
- Conducting an Effective Congressional Meeting
- Story Telling Template
- District Data Sheet—COMING SOON
- Let’s Practice
- State Team Capitol Hill Planning
Getting Around Capitol Hill
- Washington, D.C. Metro (map)
- Capitol Hill (map)
- Accessibility on Capitol Hill (document)
- U.S. Capitol Visitor Center Apps
- The Capitol Steps
- Washington by Water Monuments Cruise
*Please reserve tickets by June 27 by calling Member Services at 1-888-232-7733.
Continue to check this site:
More documents and links may be posted as the Summit date approaches!